Outlook 2007 uses up huge amount of virtual memory

M

mustafamond77

I have been having memory issues with Outlook 2007 ever since I upgraded. Memory usage continues to grow until it eats up all available memory - virtual memory usage for the Outlook.exe process alone has gone up to 1.7Gb at which point the system starts having problems and eventually crashes completely. At this point, it is an annoyance since restarting Outlook resets the memory usage, but this behavior does not see right. I never had these problems with 2003. I am using Windows XP SP2 (but I saw similar behavior in Vista)

Also, in 2003, I used to be able to receive many messages quickly without it interrupting my work. 2007 seems to plod along very slowly in the send/receiv deptartment, and I cannot do anything while that process occurs (almost like Outlook locks up until send/receive is complete - I can be in the middle of typing a message, and it just hangs until send/receive is complete, then runs normally again)

Not sure if these issues are related.

One thing: I do have a vary large number of filters (close to 100) - and they all worked beautifully under Outlook 2003 - I was able to send/receive very quickly. Does Outlook 2007 have a problem with filtering? If so, is there a fix for this? I really don't want everything in my inbox and have to categorize manually...

I've installed patches and optimizers that have been mentioned in this forum, and they do improve things (at least I can run for a couple of days now without having to restart), but I am still experiencing these basic problems. Anyone have any insight?

Ask a Question