Outlook connection to exchange server over LAN

L

Li, Jie

Our company's exchange server has setted up the proxy for the exchange connection in order to make it feasible when employee is not in intranet and need to receive/send email. After setting this, I have setup in outlook by connection everywhere for the proxy server and authentication method (NTLM). Before I changed my laptop, I used Windows XP Profressional SP2 with outlook 2007. When I work in customer's site and use their network, I can use my outlook to receive/send mail as normal. NOTE: customer has a proxy server for access to internet. For some reason, when I changed another laptop and running Windows Vista Enterprise with outlook 2007 and has the same setting in outlook, I can not receive/send mail in customer's site after connected to their network with proxy server. I am sure that the customer does not do any network policy change these days. I would like to know what possibly in OS/Office prevent my access to company's exchange server. Another hint is when open outlook and it will always prompt me to enter the password again and again. So, I would like to know what the problem is.

Thanks..
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

Ask a Question