Outlook.exe in windows Scheduled Task

S

Subhash

I created a Scheduled Task (Accessries -->System Tools -->Scheduled Task) for Outlook.exe , starts at system startup(when my computer starts) and running continuously, and will do send and receive in every 5 minutes in the background.
I will not log in to the system, because it is a remote production server.
My problem is , the send and reveive is not happening.but if you take systems processess i am able to see outlook.exe is running, and in the scheduled task also it is showing as outlook is running...

please help..

R

Roady [MVP]

You must be logged in otherwise Outlook starts without a profile
configuration. Therefor you must schedule the task to start at logon; not at
startup.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures
-Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3

S

subhash

Dear Roady

I will explain you what i am trying to achieve

We have a production server called EBL and a Mail server called MLS. EBL is a webserver having lot of resources and the server is available in the intranet only . inorder to make these resources available to users who are not inside intranet, we made an application like this. User outside intranet will send mails to a particular mail id to the mail server MLS . MS Outlook 2002 is configured in such a way that outlook.exe is scheduled to run on every 5 minutes and do send and reveive (Windows Scheduled Task). From outlook i will take the mail details using MS SQL Server 2000's SQL mail programme and etc.. etc.

Every this works fine, but the Automatic send and reveive from Outlook is not working.

Any other solution......... please sugges

Ask a Question