OWC 10 Quick Questions

D

dsChicago

a.) With SQL Server Analysis cube, dimension can have a "Default Member" property - by which if that dimension is used for filtering, by default the "Default Member" value is selected (instead of All) in the filter combo box. If I am not using cube, and connecting Pivot table to a SQL server relational view, how do I achieve this effect. In other words, a Pivot table connecting to a View should not select "All" in the filter, but a specific value.

b.) I have a SQL Server Analysis cube which has two dimensions, each dimension having two level hierarchy. What I want is to place the dimensions next to each other and ability to drill up/drill down second dimension hierarchy without first expanding the first dimension hierarchy. This works in Excel, but not in OWC 10 Pivot table. With OWC 10 Pivot table, I HAVE to expand first dimension hierarchy to see second dimension (and it's hierarchy)? Is this a limitation of OWC 10 Pivot table or am I missing something

c.) Also, can somebody confirm that OWC 10 Pivot Chart component does not support exporting to Excel. It (programmatically) supports exporting to image, but unlike Pivot table, it does not allow exporting to Excel (I didn't see any toolbar item for this or any scripting way of doing it)

Thanks for any comments/help on above questions

DS

Ask a Question