Page Size Reverts to Letter when Set for Tabloid

R

rccr61

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I find this same question was being asked in May of 2009 and apparently the problem still hasn't been addressed.

We have a number of excel documents that are formatted to print on tabloid paper. But when the document is saved and closed, upon reopening the file, page size reverts to letter size. I've tried it on several different machines and problem occurs with any that are using Office 2008.

Office is updated to version 12.2.4 and Mac is at OS 10.6.3

C

CyberTaz

Well, for the most part it was fixed -- in the SP2 update, IIRC. If you're having a problem of that nature there must be another explanation.

Have you checked the mfr's site to confirm that the printer driver is fully updated? Is the printer capable of handling that paper size?

Is this a network installation with a shared printer or is the printer directly connected to the Mac?

Can you provide any additional info?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
Office:Mac MVP

R

rccr61

Thanks for responding to my post.
 Yes, the printer is fully capable of printing to tabloid. If you reformat the document to tabloid in page setup, you are able to print the document just fine. No issues with printing what so ever, its just an issue of retaining the page format when the file is closed. Printer is networked.

Just for grins, after I posted this, I took the document to a PC and opened it in Office 2007, reformatted to tabloid size, saved it and what do you know, it behave's the same way on PC..

Is there some weird issue with Open XML that is causing this?
The work around that I have her using(and is working) is to save the document into Office 97-2003.(non XML)

C

CyberTaz

I don't know that it's anything that can be specifically traced with any
degree of consistency. As I suggested, MacBU believes the issue was fixed &
the number of reports has dwindled to a sufficiently low level to lend
credibility to that position.

I wouldn't be surprised, however, if one of their members picks up on this
thread & requests a copy of the problem file. If they can reproduce the
issue I'm sure it will get further attention.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question