Powerpoint crashes everytime I try to save

C

cellit

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I just installed Powerpoint v12.2.4 on my mac (running the latest OS and completely updated), and I every time I try to save a file, it crashes before it saves them. I've tried saving different file types, opening and then saving pre-existing files, reinstalling Office, and starting my Mac, all to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting Powerpoint to let me save?

Thanks,
Bryan

P.S. I tried Word, and it is able to save files without a problem.

C

CyberTaz

Have you also updated OS X to 10.6.3?

Have you repaired disk permissions?

Have you restarted your Mac recently?

Confirm that you have done all the above & reply to this thread if you
continue to have a problem.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

C

cellit

Thanks for your prompt response.

I was able to get it working, but I ended up installing it three times in total, the third time the file was much smaller (something like 800MB compared to the Gig+ the first time.) The second time I tried to use the cd's removal of other office products during the installation, but it didn't find the first installation. I then used Remove Office and installed it for the third time, upon which, Office claimed to be an older version than it had during the first two times. I was then able to download the updates (two of them) and now it works.

Thanks again,
Bryan

Ask a Question