Problem with Excel/PowerPoint interface when creating charts

D

docsoojon

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have had great difficulty with the interface between PowerPoint and Excel (2008) while creating charts in PowerPoint. The Excel spread sheets get 'stuck' with each cell entry, and the cursor does not stay consistently in the format it should for data entry (it changes to the column select, or the arrow, e.g.). An entire minute or more can pass when no key will do a think - i.e., the screen is frozen. It can thus take a half hour or more to create one simple chart (e.g.,a bar chart where the columns add to 100%) - VERY frustrating. While this is happening in the associated Excel spreadsheet, PowerPoint can't read the data into the chart on the slide, and gives repeated error messages.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if a fix is planned?

V

VT_Blue

I am having the exact same problem -- in fact, that's why I'm here today. This is very, very frustrating. I have updated (always do) to the latest version, etc. I'm ONLY running PPTX and XLSX and have plenty of RAM (4G) and HDD.

It takes me over 16 hours to do what should take no more than 2. I could really use some help.
Thx!

V

VT_Blue

By the way, this issue has gotten to be such a problem that, if need be, I will pay for support that will fix it. If anyone knows the 'right' contact phone number, please let me know. Thx.

Ask a Question