relative links in PowerPoint Show problem

M

Matt

Hi

I've been trying to resolve this issue on my own for a couple of days now, but I've had no luck..

A bunch of powerpoint presentations were created with the intent to imbed them into a website (via an iframe if that makes any difference) and viewed from IE6. They were created in Powerpoint 97 as .pps files

They work beautifully when Microsoft office 2002 is installed on the client viewing the site; however there is a strange issue when a client tries to access the site with Office 2000 and 97: Hyperlinks that link to relative files try to find them on the client’s local machine. For example, a link that looks like “file.htm†(a file in the same directory), would be changed to

C:\WINDOWS\Local%20Settings\Temporary%20Internet%20Files\Content.IE5\H9AD1F7X\file.ht
C:\WINDOWS\Local%20Settings\Temporary%20Internet%20Files\Content.IE5\OTAJSHIV\ file.ht
C:\WINDOWS\Local%20Settings\Temporary%20Internet%20Files\Content.IE5\H9AD1F7X\ file.ht
C:\WINDOWS\Local%20Settings\Temporary%20Internet%20Files\Content.IE5\0L6Z8TYN\ file.ht

This would of course break the link. On computers using a newer version of Office, the link works fine

Here is the website

http://io.champlain.edu/~court/ (Click on “Considerations†and move through the slide show till you reach the large “Click Here†link—the is the link that only works on computers with new versions of office)

Is there any way to fix this so that clients using old versions of office will be able to use this link

Thank you for any suggestions!!!

Mat

Ask a Question