Slide Resolution

V

VnyrdWrshp

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I have a (basic?) question. Having received a PPT file from a friend in a lower resolution than I desire, I am unable to find a way to change the resolution of the slides using Office:2008 (Mac).

Am I crazy? I use Keynote every day, and only have PPT in order to assuage my Windows friends' doubts concerning formatting issues that may arise. In Keynote, I would use the inspector to quickly select (or specify) any resolution I desire in under 3 seconds.

What gives?

S

Steve Rindsberg

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I have a (basic?) question. Having received a PPT file from a friend in a lower resolution than
I desire, I am unable to find a way to change the resolution of the slides using Office:2008
(Mac).

PowerPoint has no resolution per se. For the most part, it uses resolution-independent graphics
(Text, drawing objects and so on). It scales them to whatever resolution's appropriate at time
of output (to printers, to your computer screen during a slide show etc.)
Am I crazy?

You don't *look* crazy. ;-)
concerning formatting issues that may arise. In Keynote, I would use the inspector to quickly
select (or specify) any resolution I desire in under 3 seconds.

What exactly can you select and change the resolution of? (I'm not a Keynote user)
What effect does changing the resolution have?

================================================
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com
================================================

Ask a Question