Pasting PPT slides into Word (with high resolution)

D

Dimitre

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I recently switched to Mac from PC.

I create a lot of presentations in PowerPoint for business use, and subsequently integrate these presentations into Word documents. Therefore, I need to copy and paste PowerPoint slides into Word documents.

The problem I'm having is pasting these slides in high resolution. In Office 2007 for Windows, I "Paste Special, Enhanced Metafile" option. I understand that this might be unique to Windows. However, when I go to "Paste Special" in Word for Mac, the best I can do is to paste as a "Picture" and the resolution is not good enough.

I've tried exporting the PPT to JPEG and other picture formats and then pasting the pictures, but 1) this isn't very convenient, and 2) the quality is still pretty low.

I used a trial version of PPT 2004 for Mac and I think I remember additional pasting options - has this functionality been removed?

Anyone have a good idea for pasting a single PPT slide into a Word document at high resolution?

M

Matt Centurión [MSFT]

Hi Dimitre,

Try the following:
1) Choose "File | Save as Pictures..."
2) Choose "PDF" as the desired format
3) After all your slides are saved as PDF you can drag them into Word
2008 with pretty high quality

Matt
MacOffice Testing
Microsoft

Date: 3/22/08 11:55 PM / From: "(e-mail address removed)"