Table Security in Access 2013

Reaction score
Hi

I haven't managed to get DJ Steel's DSN Code to work (it's on Google), but before I spend my time trying to get it to work.
I just need to confirm something.
If the tables in access use DSN Less connections, they will connect without asking for the main password (That's a fact)
What I need to know is that if someone imports the table into a new database, will they still be able to access the tables?

Right now, I did test with our current database that is connecting to MySQL via ODBC. But if I import the tables, I can still connect without needing password. That's because I saved the password for linking tables as I do not want our users knowing the main password to get into the tables.

What is the best route to take on this as this is the only thing I need to do to complete my project for work?

Much appreciated.
Jeff

Reaction score
methoHi Jeff,

Did you ever got this resolved?

The security is the same with a DSN or DSN-Less connection. With a DSN-Less connection, you avoid the need to create a DSN on the workstation.

Post back it you still need a solution and I will provide more information.

Ask a Question