tables

M

MPJ

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC How do I create a simple data table in excel - with two input cell/variables? Thks

M

MPJ

Written for Excel 2003 but is basically the same:
>
> 033>
>
> HTH |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
> Bob - thank you for this. It takes me a step closer. I now realize that I want to create a table of results where the variables influence the outcome earlier in the chain but are not cells references in the actual final function. Do I need to re-configure the spreadsheet or is there another way to do this quickly?
>
> On 5/15/10 9:00 AM, in article (e-mail address removed)2ac0,
> "[email protected]" wrote:
>
>
>

M

MPJ

>
> 033>
>
> HTH |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
> Bob - thank you for this. It takes me a step closer. I now realize that I want to create a table of results where the variables influence the outcome earlier in the chain but are not cells references in the actual final function. Do I need to re-configure the spreadsheet or is there another way to do this quickly?
>
> On 5/15/10 9:00 AM, in article (e-mail address removed)2ac0,
> "[email protected]" wrote:
>
>
>

M

MPJ

Bob - thank you for this. It takes me a step closer. I now realize that I want to create a table of results where the variables influence the outcome earlier in the chain but are not cells references in the actual final function. Do I need to re-configure the spreadsheet or is there another way to do this quickly?

C

CyberTaz

I'm certain it's just me being dense, but I'm not sure exactly what you're
asking or what you want to do. If you already have a body of data that
you're trying to analyze or cross-tabulate perhaps what you want can be
handled effectively by a Pivot Table. Have a look in Excel Help on that
topic & see if it will work for you. If not, I'm afraid I'd need a much more
thorough understanding of what you're working with & what you're after
before I could hope to come up with other options :)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question