Two-variable Data Table - Problem with result/output

• Thread starter Chanpheng Botham
  • Start date
C

Chanpheng Botham

Hi all. I'm having a problem with a two-variable data table. I have verified that I correctly have a formula driving the data table, and my 'base' inputs for the two variables are hard-coded in the table. I have multiple data tables in my workbook and all but this one seem to be working correctly; the table I'm having the problem with is essentially an Earnings Per Share table (specifically, what happens to EPS if the company repurchases X number of shares at X buy-back price--the # of shares repurchased and the share buy-back price are the variables).

The Row output seems to be correct - EPS decreases accordingly based on # of shares repurchased (as it costs us more $ to buy more shares, therefore, EPS should decrease); however, the column output (EPS based on buy-back price) is staying the same at all levels of the # shares purchased, when it should increase as the # shares repurchased increases (because there will be less shares outstanding to split up profit between).

I cannot figure out why this is not working...help. Tried to paste the matrix below for your reference, but the system was not letting me (rec'd a message stating 'inappropriate text found in text' !).

Ask a Question