Updated contact on Touch not syncing to Mac

G

gogogut

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: imap

Hello,
I have recently purchased an iPod Touch and gotten it all synced up with Entourage through MobileMe. After some work (thanks Diane Ross!), Calendars sync perfectly. But for some reason, if I update a contact on my Touch, it doesn't update with MobileMe, Address Book, or Entourage. Even worse, that change to the contact on the Touch disappears after a few moments. However, if I update the contact on Entourage, it syncs perfectly with the Touch. So it seems to me that the MobileMe contact information is over-writing the Touch contact information rather than syncing. Why is this happening? Again, the Calendar works perfectly with updates on either side syncing to the other. I set the Contacts and Calendars up at the same time so I don't understand why they behave differently.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
RJ

G

gogogut

New piece of information:
My above post was based on me trying to add a Work phone number to an existing contact on my Touch that only had a cell number. As I stated, that Work number would not sync and ended up disappearing after a few minutes. But when I entered the Work number on Entourage, it synced perfectly.
Well I just added a Home number to that same contact on my Touch and it synced to Entourage just fine. So is there something about specific types of phone numbers syncing? Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
RJ

K

Kerry

New piece of information:
My above post was based on me trying to add a Work phone number to an existing contact on my Touch that only had a cell number. As I stated, that Work number would not sync and ended up disappearing after a few minutes. Butwhen I entered the Work number on Entourage, it synced perfectly.
Well I just added a Home number to that same contact on my Touch and it synced to Entourage just fine. So is there something about specific types ofphone numbers syncing? Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
RJ

I have a Touch also but do all sync'g through iTunes which addresses
sync services. If you're using mobileme I'd go to Apple.com's support
forums and ask about mobileme sync'g. I used to have a .Mac account
and found it too expensive. I don't know how you do things but if
you're just sync'g between your Touch and one Mac you really don't
need mobileme if you take your Touch with you everywhere. Mobileme is
good if you want to keep multiple computers in sync that are in
different locations. But its totally unnecessary if you take your
Touch with you everywhere. If you've made changes to you Touch as soon
as you get to your prime computer just sync and then everything is in
line. Before you leave sync to make sure everything is in line. I do
this with my Touch, BlackBerry Bold and Palm TX. Yes, I have three
devices for three different reasons. They are all always in sync and
the desktop is always the same as the devices and vice-a-versa.

Howver, like I said, for issues around mobileme sync specifically,
this isn't the best place to address those. Best place is Apple.com's
forum's and choose the mobileme forum. They're you'll find your
answer. I find people in the Apple forums very responsive and I always
get an answer about 90% of the time pretty quickly.

Ask a Question