Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. Publisher printing black.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently upgraded computers from Win 7 to Win 10. I have moved Publisher files i was using on Win 7 to Win 10. Both computers were using the same version of Publisher (2016) and had the same properties. However, when I try to print from Win 10, the background color is black in many areas. (Not within a text box but on areas where there is no background and no textbox. I've tried printing it on multiple printers with the same result. However, if we print the same file from a Win 7 computer, it prints fine. Also, if I convert it to pdf on the Win 10 computer, it will print fine.

Any idea how to fix it so I don't have to convert to pdf before printing every time? I've checked all printer settings and background formatting in Publisher and can't find anything that would be causing this to happen. Thanks.

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem! Certain documents that have text boxes are printing black, but not all. So random. Its frustrating, even called HP tech support and they couldn't figure it out. Anybody know how to fix? Just recently went from windows 10 to 11. Using ricoh mpc3003 printer. Thank you

Ask a Question