Images are pixelated when saving to PDF

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I have a client who every year designs a book in Publisher and sends it to my company to print; the book contains many ads submitted to her in different formats (Jpeg, PDF, etc.) . I work on a Mac, so she sends it to me as a PDF file created from Publisher.

The problem is twofold: many of the ads she places in Publisher become pixelated when she exports the file in Publisher.

The other problem is I get the file as an RGB file, which means I have to not only change the file to CMYK so we can print it, but any ad that has blue in it prints purple unless I go through and physically replace the page with the original CMYK file.

I will NEVER understand why Publisher can't export as CMYK, which is the printing standard, but what I can do about the pixelization? I'm attaching some screen shots so you can see what I'm talking about.

The first image is the original ad; the second is the ad in the PDF file that was given to me.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 12.10.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 12.10.53 PM.png
    381.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 12.06.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 12.06.41 PM.png
    547.5 KB · Views: 19

Ask a Question