Create booklet pdf w cover page and inside pages as double spread

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum, and in fact new to Publisher too. Up to now I worked with the "big competitor" but didn't want to go in the cloud to do my bit of publishing jobs. I'm creating a bi-monthly community magazine, and all went well so far but now I am stuck. I want to create a pdf to put it on the community website, so, like a book, it should only show the cover page, and then all inside pages as double spreads, and finally the back page as a single page again.
Can somebody please help me out, I just can't find out how to do this..

thanks so much
Sussy

Reaction score
Ah, I had to do exactly the same thing just last week. Create your publication, then go to the 'page design' tab. Click on 'size' and scroll down. It'll give you a choice of sizes including various booklet options.

Choose the design you need and it'll automatically set it up as you need.

Note: when printing it out yourself, in the print menu, click on the drop down arrow where it says 'one page per sheet' and instead choose 'booklet side fold' (or whatever fold works best for your design) and double sided printing. It'll automatically split and move the pages around so that you can compile it together in the right order. I assume you'll get this printed professionally so your printer will do this for you anyway, but it's always good to print out a copy first before sending to the printer.

Ask a Question