Converting excel to PDF, single page converts to multiple HELP!

Discussion in 'Excel' started by kuster, Apr 13, 2018.

1. kuster

kuster

Hello All,

I attempted to contact Microsoft for help, but apparently a "level 2" tech is only available by appointment and I need help a little sooner as I run a business from home.

My problem:

I create Excel docs for use as Estimates and Invoices. These are all under one file, typically saved as "address - customer name". Within each file I have multiple tabs labeled, "Estimate", "Invoice" Etc. This is to avoid all the re-entering of basic customer/ job info.

In the past, I would save The "estimate" tab as a PDF and select "sheet" . This would give me an email-able version to send to customers. This worked great on my laptop, with an older version of office, but never worked on our "newer" desktop. When saving each tab as a sheet, and converting to a PDF, the single excel page would split into 4 separate PDF pages. And yes, I've moved page breaks "blue dashed lines" to define what I want to be on any single page, but to no avail.

I contacted Microsoft and of course I had to upgrade both computers software before they would help. I did this, but reluctantly, as I was concerned that the laptop, with the ability to save a PDF the way I intended, would stop working... And yup, it did. Now I cant save PDF documents into a single or double page as needed. Excel or Adobe decides on its own how to split pages up and I cant seem to find a way to perform a manual override.

PLEASE HELP!!!

kuster, Apr 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. kuster

Becky Administrator

I'm curious why you save the worksheet into a separate workbook before printing to pdf, is there a reason for this?

To go over the basics, to print something from Excel then first highlight the cells you want to print, then click on Page Layout > Print Area > Set Print Area. Then go to File > Print and you can choose the settings you want - go to Page Set-Up if the options you want are not listed. Once it's set up how you want, choose whatever software you use to print to pdf. Does this help?

Becky, Apr 16, 2018 at 3:24 PM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question