Loosing transparency effect of Master Page graphic when Saving Publisher files as .pdf

Discussion in 'Publisher' started by JP Madden, Feb 28, 2018.

1. JP Madden

JP Madden

Feb 28, 2018
    In using Publisher: I have images on the documents "Master Page" set to 95% transparency.

When I save the document as a .pdf, the image from the Master Page comes out as 0% transparent. This obscures the main text of the document and ruins it's appearance.

I am using the following method to save the document as .pdf:

1. Click the File tab.
    2. Click Save As.
    3. In the File name box, enter a name for the file, if you have not already.
    4. In the Save as type list, click PDF (*.pdf)
    This has become an issue recently, but I had not had this issue months ago when I had previously tried this same task.

In settings for "Default apps by file type" I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC set for .pdf's, but I have the same issue when using Microsoft Edge (recommended default) or Drawboard PDF.

Also, I have the most recent version of Office and of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.

Any insights into a work-arounds or alternative .pdf apps to use? All suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    JP Madden, Feb 28, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question