Word Changes jpg to png files

F

frank_fl

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

When I insert a picture from a file in a jpg format into Word 2008, add some text around or near the picture and then copy and paste this information into the Entourage signature area the jpg files are always converted to png files. Is there any way to bring the jpg file into Word and then move it into Entourage and still maintain the jpg format when I use the signature line in a letter? Does Word 2008 automatically convert the jpg file to a png when it inserts it into the document? Also under Word 2008 the text that I now add does not even come close to the proper placement when moved into the Entourage signature area. In the past in Word 2004 everything made the transfer just as it was laid out in the Word document.

In Word 2004 none of this was an issue and I created a large listing of special signature lines containing various resized photos from Photoshop along with text. Now I am having to change and add some of these signatures and for some reason things are not working the way they used to. Is there something I need to change in Word 2008 to prevent the jpg to png switch? I have tried tagging the photo with JPEG and inserting them and it has made no difference. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Frank

C

CyberTaz

Word doesn't make the conversion - OS X does :) The clipboard used for
cut/copy-paste is an OS feature which used PNG in place of the former Mac
standard format, PICT.

Why not insert the image directly into the sig in Entourage using Insert>
Picture from the Message menu?

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

F

frank_fl

Bob,

Thanks for the information about the Mac OSX clipboard, I was not aware that was happening in that manner. I will try as you suggested and see how that works out. Thanks for your reply.

Frank

Ask a Question