yet another issue with Project's Enterprise Features...

A

Andy Tacker

Hi Folkz
I have a fresh installation of Project Server. Enterprise Features are enable in Server
When i try to connect with the project Server using the Client i.e Project Pro 2k3, I get an error which says
[Error Message
Cannot Connect
Project was unable to establish a connection with the selected Project Server. This could be caused by a loss of network connectivity, invalid user name and password, lack of an enterprise global template, or problems with the project server or database, or your project server may not have enterprise features enabled
[Error Message

After crawling through this discussion, I did the following
1. Unified Regional options
2. Checked whether this login and password works for web access
3. checked database connection

everything seems to work right, but not with Pro 2003. In offline mode, i can create projects, publish them, but i cannot use the features like "Build Team". also, as mentioned in Microsoft's KBArticles, cannot work with Tools-> Enterprise Options Menu

the same holds true when working in Web Access. I cannot use "Build Team". It says, this feature is not available for NON-ENTERPRISE projects

Can someone please guide me, what should i be doing to use Enterprise Features? In Pro, I dont even see, open project from Project Server.

K

Karen Moore

Hi

I'm extremely new at this and about 1/2 a step ahead, but here goes..
You need to save your project to the project server and then publish it -

1. Go into project and connect to the project server
2. Then select Tools / Enterprise Options / Import Project to Enterprise - follow steps in this wizar
3. Then select Collaborate/Publish projec

Your project should now be visible on Project Web Access

A

Andy Tacker

Thanks Karen for reply
The prblem is that it has Tools -> Enterprise Options menu items disabled
the project can be uploaded and published in server but I cant configure it to provide enterprise features, like byuld team and resurces..

Regards
Andy

J

John Beamish

Those opens are disabled when you start Project and choose the account "My
Computer" and click on "Work Offline".

Thanks Karen for reply.
The prblem is that it has Tools -> Enterprise Options menu items
disabled.
the project can be uploaded and published in server but I cant configure
it to provide enterprise features, like byuld team and resurces...

Regards,
Andy

--

A

Andy Tacker

Yes John
but otherwise, I cannot connect to the project server using the project server or windows account
any hints?

Ask a Question