Problems getting entourage to access yahoo

G

Grant

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

Hi all,

The situation is that I can't get mail nor more impotanly entourage 08 set up to work with yahoo. I've manually set up the account using the yahoo help details but it still does not work. I'm getting two responses.

The first is that after entourage attempts to access my yahoo web mail it comes back with 'my user name /password or security seeting are wrong'. These have been checked a number of times and are correct.

The second is that entourage comes back with an error message that says "authentification failed because entourage doesn't support any of the available authentification methods" with error 17897 at the bottom.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on and what I can do to get it working?

Regards
Grant

G

Grant

Tks Diane I did as directed and it did work. I still get error messages that says my user name and password are incorrect. IS there anything else I can try?

Regards
Grant

G

Grant

Sorry meant to say 'did ot work'

grant
Tks Diane I did as directed and it did work. I still get error messages that says my user name and password are incorrect. IS there anything else I can try?

Regards
Grant

D

Diane Ross

Tks Diane I did as directed and it did work. I still get error messages that
says my user name and password are incorrect. IS there anything else I can
try?

Open the Keychain in Utilities. Find the account using the search box.
Delete the info for the account. Run Keychain First Aid.

/Applications/ Utilities

You might need to delete the account in Entourage (completely delete the
account not just the info). It should work now if you have the correct info.

Using copy/paste can result in an extra space being added. Type carefully.

Ask a Question