Accessing Exchange server form Home and whilein Office not working.

F

Febo

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hello,
We have an Exchange server handling the emails, with my Entourage (new installation as part of the Office 2008 suite) I can access it from home without problem - when I try to connect to the very same serve exchange using the office network it does not get connect to the Server.
Other friends have no problem, the settings are the very same ( both for Entourage and the network/firewall etc...) any idea about other settings to look at to get connected while in office ?
Thanks

B

backtomac

One way is to pop into the exchange server rather than going directly to the exchange server. Your IT people won't like it, but I know it works.

F

Febo

Hello,
I have solved the issue of not connecting while in office.
The problem was related to DNS input setting which "allow" connection only from outside the office network. by deleting the DNS numbers I have solved the problem and now I get access to Exchange server from home and while in office.
Hope it helps other with similar problem
Caio

D

Diane_Ross_MVP

On 4/28/10 2:13 AM, in article [email protected], "[email protected]" wrote:

I have solved the issue of not connecting while in office.
The problem was related to DNS input setting which "allow" connection only from outside the office network. by deleting the DNS numbers I have solved the problem and now I get access to Exchange server from home and while in office.
Hope it helps other with similar problem

Thanks for reporting your fix.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page   
Entourage Help Blog  
YouTalk

Ask a Question