Animated text over a video background???

P

presentationpete

Hi folks, I have a slide with a video background and text laid on top of it.. It is set up sort of like the credits to a movie. The video background - ..wmv file- plays automatically when the slideshow starts. The video is 10 seconds and it is set to loop continuously to end of slide.

My "credits" is a large text box, a list of names with several returns in between them. The text box is placed above the slide (off the slide). The animation is set to "Fly In From Bottom, With Previous". Previous, in this case, would be the video I described above.

It works. The video starts, the credits roll - but they take too long to start rolling. Too much of the video plays before the credits start to roll. It's like PPT doesn't realize the video is playing until a few seconds intoit, so my "With Previous" becomes "After Previous with a Few Seconds Delay". Then, the video keeps playing in the background while the credits roll.The video keeps looping, about 4 times during the course of the credits (10 seconds per loop). When the last of the credits fly off the screen at thetop, there is too much of a lag between the credits rolling off and the credits starting over from bottom. I need more control over that in-between time. After the credits end, the video keeps playing to the end of the 10 second loop, and then the loop starts over but the video takes an extra 6-7 seconds to start again.

I figured maybe I just needed to shorten the length of the video so it never had to play TOO MUCH after the credits ended, to get to the end of that loop. So I "trimmed" the video in PPT down to about 4 seconds, but this didn't help. Instead, the credits animation ends, and then the loop repeats about 4 times before the credits reappear at the bottom.

I have tried EVERY SINGLE SETTING I can think of. Everything in the Animation Pane, Transitions tools. There is no set "delay", the credit text animation is set to "with Previous" so it should start playing as soon as the video plays but there's that danged lag. I tried playing with the length of the text box, the number of spaces at the beginning of the credits and end, to no avail. I can manipulate the timing of the animation which is set to 40seconds, but all that does is slow down the credits animation from start to finish too much or too little - it does nothing to give me more control over the time it takes for the video to start (or re-start when on loop) andthen the credits to start rolling.

I hope I'm explaining this well, but I'm desperate and at a loss. Specs: PPT 2010, PC WIndows 7, .mwv file (video background), text set to animate on top of video.

Help??? Thank you!!!

P

presentationpete

I forgot to mention - the video I am using as my background is EMBEDDED. It is not linked. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Ask a Question