Archiving Email and Calendar

D

Dennis_S

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

My company enforces limits on exchange boxes. Since upgrading to 2008 Office I can't find a way to "archive" my email and more importantly CALENDAR events. I found a way to simply move the email to the hard drive mail box (On my computer inbox) but can't find a way to archive calendar events. People send large attachments to calendar events and now that folder is huge. How can archive 1. Calendar and 2. email? Thanks so much.

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

My company enforces limits on exchange boxes. Since upgrading to 2008
Office I can't find a way to "archive" my email and more importantly
CALENDAR events. I found a way to simply move the email to the hard
drive mail box (On my computer inbox) but can't find a way to archive
calendar events.

Why don't you move them to the calendar "On My Computer" ??
That's what I do both for e-mails and calendars.

You can create a custom view for all your exchange events and use the
Move To command to move the old ones to the local calendar.

I beleve that there are even scripts out there that help you do these
things automatically on a regular basis,

Corentin

D

Dennis_S

Corentin,
Thanks so much. That's a great idea. Do you know how I can create a custom view OR at least how I can select ALL events in a month and move them. I seem to only be able to move one event at a time.

D

Diane Ross

Thanks so much. That's a great idea. Do you know how I can create a custom
view OR at least how I can select ALL events in a month and move them. I seem
to only be able to move one event at a time.

Use the custom calendar views:

For example,

Date Created this month

Date Created greater than xxxx

End Date greater than xxxx

For messages:

AutoArchive Exchange Account to "On My Computer"

Move all e-mail older than 60 days from your Exchange account folders to
archive folders within the "On My Computer" folder tree.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/exchange/autoarchive.html>

There is a script for Leopard now, the author is still working out some
kinks but overall it works as expected.

D

Dennis_S

Thank you so much. Your answers solved the issue. So glad I posted here. I was struggling for weeks with this issue.

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Diane Ross said:
Use the custom calendar views:

For example,

Date Created this month

Date Created greater than xxxx

End Date greater than xxxx

I don't even go through that extend. I simply sort by date in my custim
view,

Corentin

F

flombardo

wrote: > > Why don't you move them to the calendar "On My Computer" ?? > That's what I do both for e-mails and calendars. > > You can create a custom view for all your exchange events and use the > Move To command to move the old ones to the local calendar. > Hi, i'm new to entourage i was searching an archive solution to free up room on my company's exchange server (and hopefully speed up entourage as well) i found this forum while searching and am hoping you can confirm for me what i'm reading above. Another challenge i have is the auto archive scripts don't quite fit my need. I'm in commercial real estate where certain projects take multiple years to complete, while other transactions wrap up in just a few months. so i need to control which specific folders from the exchange account are "archived" when you "move" email to "On My Computer" is that accomplished by a simple drag and drop? i tried to highlight and select "move to" but it was gray-ed out. if it is drag/drop, do i go back and delete the folder from the exchange account above? That's rather scary as the files need to accessed very rarely, but when they 're needed it's vital. is there another way to automate / accomplish what i'm trying to do? Thanks, Frank MacBook 2nd generation, Leopard, entourage 2008, exchange small bus. 2003

Ask a Question