BUG: Two in-cell dropdown menus in one cell;crashes on attempt to fix

S

slowloris

Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I created a worksheet in which several cells contain in-cell dropdown menus that refer to the same list.

Recently, after saving, I noticed that one of these cells contained 2 dropdown menu tabs. Either of them can be used to alter the contents of the one cell. This appeared to happen spontaneously; there was no merging of cells or changing of validation criteria at any point on my part.

The second dropdown tab appears within the cell and obscures the contents.

I have tried to remove validation settings for the cell so that I can reset them. When I do this, the original dropdown tab disappears and the "bug tab" stays. When I click on that, excel crashes. This has happened several times already.

I have also tried copying one of the other pulldown cells and pasting it over the bad one. No dice. The bug tab remains.

How can I fix this without scrapping a fairly complex worksheet that I put a lot of work into and starting over from scratch? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

X

XinXin

It looks like an interesting issue, and I'd be happy to further investigate it. Can you please send me ([email protected]) a copy of your workbook? You can remove all other data on the workbook, and only leave the dropdown cell.

Thanks,
XinXin Liu
Macintosh Business Unit, Microsoft

Ask a Question