Cannot unhide hidden data in Pivot

K

katie_c

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

When I select field settings on a pivot table and go to hide a specific data point, the hiding works fine. If I change my mind and want to unhide the hidden field, I cannot deselect it. I have to resort to rebuilding the pivot table from scratch.

Any ideas?
-Katie

I

ian_s

I have discovered the same problem. It is possible to hide a different value, but not to unhide all values.
The method of selecting values to hide/unhide in Excel for Windows (at least, in 2003) is through check-boxes - including an additional all/none check box. In Excel 2008 the method of selection is by clicking on items in a list. Additional items may be added to the selection by shift-clicking. A single item may appear to be removed (the highlight is removed) by Command-clicking. However the item is not unselected and is still highlighted when reopening the dialog box. (I am using Excel 2008 12.2.1)

R

Robbie_Thielemans

I have the same issue. Is there a work around. This is one of the real shortcomings...

T

tom22

I have the same issue. Is there a work around. This is one of the real shortcomings...
I have the same issue. Here is a work-around I devised. Can any one suggest others?

Go back to your database list from which you built the pivot table. Insert a
fresh row. Fill every cell in that row [or just one in a particular field]
with a value, say DUMMY. Refresh the pivot table. Select any field [or the
one the particular field]. Choose DUMMY and hide that value.

Ask a Question