How do I Unhide items in a Pivot Table Fieldafter I have hidden them?

R

Rvalcich

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I am beginning to toy around with Excel's pivot table functionality and while hiding items in a particular pivot table field (be they in the row or column) is pretty straight forward. When you double click on the field of interest, the Pivot Table Field box opens up and within it is a text box which asks you which items, contained in the field of interest, you would like to hide and even provides an action button labeled "Hide" - selecting an item and then selecting "Hide" will hide the item from the pivot table results - only question I have is how do I go ahead an include (i.e. return to the pivot table results) the very item I had just hidden?

I would have thought that a button labeled "Hide", which is pretty self-explanatory, would be accompanied by a similar button labeled "Unhide", but this does not seem to be the case and now I can no longer see the item I have hidden and am really struggling to find ANY direction on how to accomplish this.

Any help would be most welcome.

J

JW

to unhide:
from drop down menu (ctrl click on the field) select field settings. In the field's Hide Items list scroll down unitl you find the hidden item (it will be highlighted) and Cmd-Click (Apple key and Click) it. The highlight should then clear and the field item should be now visible again

K

karf

I'm having the same problem. The solution in the reply does not actually work. You can un-highlight the hidden item, but when you click "ok" and return to the table the item is still hidden. When you go to the field list again, the item will be highlighted again. I'm also not sure why there isn't a "show all" option like there is in other versions.

Ask a Question