Catalog Merge Help

Reaction score
I was asked by some co-workers this week if I could help them finish up a project they were working on using Publisher. I have zero experience with the it, and was wondering if anyone here is skilled with it, and would be willing to help me help them.

The skinny is that they are creating a catalog of products for stores to order from. The item info is pulled from a Access DB (which I don't have much experience with, either). They have all of that set up already, but one issue that they asked me about was getting category headers to display. Basically they want a item category header to print, then all of the items in that category to print after ... and so on for each category. More or less a grouped report type of deal.

I'm assuming the major piece of this is through catalog merge, but I can not find any option for headers based on one of the fields in the incoming data. Do I need to program this functionality in via VBA? I have VBA experience with Excel, but not Access or Publisher.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ask a Question