Clear All filters - not working right?

T

Troy Munford

I'm using the Access 2007 (SP2) Advanced Filter in a form with multiple sub forms. Here's what I basically enter in the Advanced
Filter criteria for the column named ID:

IN (SELECT FK_ID FROM tblName Where TestResult Like [Prompt User])

The user enters something like *pass* to get records that have the word "pass" in them (e.g. user may have entered "passed" or other
data)

Now, clicking toggle filter works fine - the Form is properly filtered. Clicking toggle filter again is fine - it properly
un-filters the form.

Now, I've further clicked Clear filter, run code to clear the actual filter from the form, disallow and re-allow filtering, etc, but
I cannot get it to actually clear the saved filter!

The problem is that when I re-enter the same criteria in the Advanced Filter criteria for the column named ID, it does not prompt me
to re-enter data I want to use in the subquery.

For example, when I re-enter the Advanced Filter criteria for the column named ID (same as above), it AUTOMATICALLY filters to
records containing the "pass" without prompting me! The only way I've found to get rid of the filter like this is to close the form
completely.

Better yet - I've tried to change the Advanced Filter criteria to be any of the following:
IN (SELECT FK_ID FROM tblName Where TestResult Like [Prompt User])
IN (SELECT FK_ID FROM tblName Where TestResult Like [Try Prompt User])
IN (SELECT FK_ID FROM tblName Where DifferentColumn Like [Try Prompt User])
IN (SELECT FK_ID FROM tblName Where FK_ID Like [Try Prompt User])
IN (SELECT FK_ID FROM tblName Where FK_ID = [Try Prompt User])

Anyone have a solution of how to get around this issue Access 2007 SP2?

Ask a Question