comparing two documents - large documents

J

John

I have three large documents (40MB each due to screen shots) that I want to merge into one document. Two of the documents contain changes either input directly or input using "Track Changes". The other document is the original document.

What is the best way to combine these documents? Merge documents? Compare documents?

If I use merge documents, I receive a message "The merged document contains unmarked changes. Do you want to merge up to the first untracked change?". I need to keep all the changes.

If I use compare documents, I receive the message "The original document already has some changes. Word cannot detect some existing changes. Compare anyway?". I need Word to detect all changes!

Is there any way to determine if pictures changed in the document changed? I assume not.

For future documents, how should I set up Word such that multiple users can make comments on an original document such that their comments can be integrated into one document?

many thanks
john

Ask a Question