Compensatory time formula for a Time & Attendance Workbook

D

David

This has been submitted on 05/20/04 by Sheri but it needed more information

The workbook will contain 26 worksheets. Each workbook is one year of time and attendance records for one employee. Each worksheet is a 2 week period of time that will be named Pay Period with consecutive numbers following. Each worksheet will be set up the same and each workbook year will stay in a folder for each person

Where I am running into problems is the compensation time.The rules for compensation time is as follows: If you earn Compensation time in Pay Period 01, you must use it before the end of Pay Period 14

Each worksheet is set up with a table with the rows as the type of time used or earned, i.e. Regular time, Overtime, Sick leave and Compensatory time, earned and used. The columns as the days of the week for a 2 week period

There is a second table on each worksheet below the first that the rows are the different leave catagories i.e. Annual Leave, Sick Leave and Compensatory time. The columns show what is earned, used, balance and carry over from the Pay Period

I have everything set up so the employee only has to enter the ammount of time they use for each Catagory on the first table. The second table sums up each row in the first table. Then the second table sums up each row from the first table and enters it into either the earned or used columns and then takes the carryover and then works out the balance

The problem I am running into is how to create something that will make sure that the Compensatory time that is earned in a pay period and is not completely used within 13 Pay Perods is deleted. This would also mean that the oldest earned Compensatory time must be used before anyother Compensatory Time

It must also be kept in mind that the lifespan of the Compensatory Time would crossover from one work book to the next .

Ask a Question