Confining a Rich Text Form Field

C

Chuck

New to this group, but I believe I'm on topic.

I have a rich text field in a form (I'm new to using RTF field). What I would like to do is limit the user's input to the physical layout of the field boundries - period. I found a routine that can
rais an alert when the cursor gets to the last physical line. In theory this can be handy, but if the cursor is above a [or several] CR/LF THAT information will continue to scroll off the bottom.

I've poked all over the web looking for a VBA routine that captures/advises RTB line count. That way I could use the event to either cause the form to take automatic action, or to advise the user that
they are or almost out of real estate.

This form stores information that gets moved on to a standard form. Continuation to another page can be accommodated, but I don't want overflow on the first page. What we have done to date is use
character count, but that gets fouled up when the user adds CR/LF for clarity or paragraph breaks.

I can establish how many lines are in the RTF easily enough, but knowing how many lines have actually been entered (including [alas] CR/LF blanks is proving to be difficult). If I could detect
scrolling, I'd be home free also.

I'm working on a gov't machine, so re-wiriing with fancy dll's etc is out of the question.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Chuck

Ask a Question