Copy one cell get beachball.

K

kevs12

Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm copying one cell to a new workbook. I hit paste and get beachball -- have force quit excel. One cell!
what is this?

B

Bob Greenblatt

Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel
I'm copying one cell to a new workbook. I hit paste and get beachball -- have
force quit excel. One cell!
what is this?
Pardon me Kev, but we¹ve been trying for years to really help you, but you
just have to supply some more information. It¹s as if we came to you with:
³I just took a photograph and it came out blurry what¹s wrong?² there just
is not nearly enough information above for us to help.

K

kevs12

Bob, this one is over my head, suffice it to say the problem went away with a reboot, but was infuriating while it was happeing.
NOthing too complicated, was just selecting a cell, command, C, command V and boom long beachball.

Maybe was more of a computer issue.

NEver seen it happen like this before.

S

StephB

Hi there, I am having the same problem. I've been working on a spreadsheet and sometimes need to copy the content from one cell to another cell (on the same spreadsheet). When I do this, I get that spinning ball and have to force quit. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't.

I am using Excel 2008 in Leopard (10.5.8) on an Intel Mac. I select the cell, hit command C, then select another sell, and hit command V. This is not a formula, just a straight copy and paste. I have tried rebooting and also repairing permissions, but neither has helped.

Any idea of what might be happening and how to fix?

K

kevs12

Steph B, thanks for confirming I'm not crazy.
that said, I sypathize with Bob G, who is an Excel saint -- in that it's hard to give more info on this....

X

XinXin

Hi Kev and Steph, could you please send me (xinxin@microsoft) a copy of your workbook. I'd like to investigate it.

Thanks,
XinXin Liu
Macintosh Business Unit, Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

B

Bob Greenblatt

Steph B, thanks for confirming I'm not crazy.
that said, I sypathize with Bob G, who is an Excel saint -- in that it's hard
to give more info on this....
Thanks. I¹m honored and humbled.

K

kevs12

I can't even remember now which workbook it was!

Bob you deserve it you are great!

The post was sort -- has anyone heard of this happeing -- is this a known issue sort of thing.

Ask a Question