Current cell border colour difficult to see

X

x333xxx

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

The default colour highlight which identifies the current cell is a very pale blue and I have difficulty seeing it. When I move from cell to cell (particularly with the arrow keys) it is very easy to lose the cell location altogether.

But I can't work out how to change the colour of the border to something else. Can anyone help please?!

C

CyberTaz

The only thing you can do within Excel is to change the color of the
gridlines - but that results in a less than desirable appearance, IMHO.

Another option is to use OS X System Preferences - Appearance - to change
the Highlight color used by the OS. Just keep in mind that it affects the
highlighting color used in all programs when you select text, etc.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

X

x333xxx

Bob, thanks for the suggested workaround. I changed the appearance settings and that did the trick!

John

M

MJS

The default colour highlight which identifies the current cell is a very
pale blue and I have difficulty seeing it. When I move from cell to cell
(particularly with the arrow keys) it is very easy to lose the cell location
altogether.

But I can't work out how to change the colour of the border to something
else. Can anyone help please?!

I mentioned that to a student of mine. He tried for a while and then returned with the active cell bordered by two thin clear black lines, which looked great. I got mine, tried what he said to do, and nothing worked. I then downloaded the current version of the operating system. When I opened Excel I also had the two think clear black lines. However, they are now gone and I cannot get them to return. There must be some way to do that, but I have no idea how.

Ask a Question