DAYS360

D

Dwade01

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Today is the 30th of May. I'm working on multiple projects and would like to see how many days I have to complete them. It appeared DAYS360 could help me do that. Unfortunately, it seems that DAYS360 has to convert months, like May, with 31 days into months with 30 days, and therefore can't precisely predict the amount of days between two dates. Is there a better way to get Excel to predict the number of days between two dates? Thank you,

T

TheRedOak

I believe you just subtract the two dates and format the answer as a number:

A1 = 05/30/10
B1 = 12/15/10

C1 = B1-A1 = 199

D

Dwade01

Thanks for the idea but it didn't work. I'm trying to automate finding the difference between 5/30/10 and 6/4/10. The answer is 5 days. When I tried your approach I got 1/06/04. No clue how that came out as the result but it did.

DAYS360 tells me that there are 4 days difference between 5/30 and 6/4 and it gives the answer as 4 no matter if it's set for the European or U.S. method.

So odd that there's no DAYS365 function...

T

TheRedOak

You are doing it right...you just need to format the cell as a number, you currently have it formatted as a date.

T

TheRedOak

Enter these dates as follows:

A1 = 05/30/10
B1 = 12/15/10

Format cell C1 by going to the following menus:

Format/Cells/Number/category/Number

Then enter in C1:

= B1-A1

The answer will be correct

Ask a Question