Deleting email addresses from memory

E

exiled2tx

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Entourage 2008. One thing I have noticed is that when I receive (and possibly compose / send) an email, that email address is stored in Entourage. I am not talking about adding an email address to my address book. I'm talking about the automated smart list that you get when typing a new message.

For example, at one point I got an email from citicards@citibank. Now, everytime I go to type a new email, when I enter the letter 'c' into the address field, I got a whole list of names to save me further typing. But in addition to the names I want (like those in my address book), I get this citicards@citibank address as a selection.

In this example, all mail from citibank has previously been deleted from both my inbox and my deleted messages folder.

I'm not picking on citi - this is happening with any (all?) addresses. And there are enough of them now (some of which are expired addresses too) that it is an inconvenience on these smart lists (plus potential privacy issues too).

So - how do I get these old email addresses cleared out of Entourage?

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

So - how do I get these old email addresses cleared out of Entourage?

Preferences > Compose > Clear list of rencent messages.

Corentin

Ask a Question