Entourage categories missing in Word mail merge.

B

Buckeyes69

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

I am trying to do a mail merge using the Entourage address book but some categories are missing. I set up the document and date source, when I try to "Filter Recipients" I try and select categories. For some reason there are about 10-12 "blank" categories. And then the categories I created. However I just created a new one called "Prospects" and it is not showing up for me to select it. It is in Entourage, but not showing up in Word. I closed both programs and reopened them and the new category is still available to select.

B

Buckeyes69

OK, so this gets a little weirder. I added another category I needed and it showed up...but I noticed that one that wasn't missing before was now. So after a little trial and error here is what's happening.

I have (28) categories in Entourage
There are (28) categories showing up in the Word "Filter Recipients". #1 is None, #2 is Junk the next (11) are blank and then my custom categories start.

For every category I add....whatever is after the blank ones, gets deleted, or goes blank. It's as if Word is blocking in whatever the standard categories were in Entourage and is still leaving space for them. Anyone run into this or have any idea how to reclaim those blanks? Should be easy to recreate...delete the Entourage "typical categories and add your own"

Ask a Question