EWS Beta - Enable Logging (Troubleshooting)

J

JG_Giant

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I believe this check box is a new option for the EWS Beta. I have enabled this check box under Entourage - Preferences - General. Where does this log to? I simply would like to view the log so I can troubleshoot this issue. I have not been able to find the log anywhere though, and Google searches for it turn up nothing.

Thanks

J

JG_Giant

Thanks for the input Pawan, I did find out that there are a couple steps to complete prior to the log appearing on your desktop though. According to the Microsoft Connect website...

Detailed steps are:

1. Make sure Entourage is not running.
2. Enter the following commands in Terminal

defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.entourage.psslogging entourage.exchange.EWS -dict enabled -bool true "detail level" -int 4

defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.entourage.psslogging "logger id" -int 3
3. Launch Entourage .
4. Go to Entourage->Preferences…, click on "General", and check "Enable logging (troubleshooting)"
5. Restart Entourage, choose to "Leave Logging On" when prompted, and wait for sync.
6. A file called "Microsoft Entourage_Troubleshooting _0.log" should appear on the desktop.

Ask a Question