Footer printing

L

LarryLee

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I upgraded from Word 2004 to 2008 a portion of the footer that I've been using for years on business docs was now "outside the print area". The template is the same as it has always been with the bottom margin set at .7 inches and the footer at .3 inches -- this printed just fine in 2004. Some previously created docs print just fine but new docs will not print properly. I've tried to update the Normal template by opening one of the docs that do print as the default but to no avail. The upgraded HP printer driver was included in OS 10.6 so that's not an issue. The only thing that works is to change raise the settings but this leaves a very conspicuous wide strip at the bottom of the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

C

CyberTaz

Don't bet on what shipped with OS X being the most current... Or that it was
properly operational even though it may have been the most recent. That
quite frequently isn't the case. Check the HP site for a more current one.

If that doesn't prove to be the problem you may be affected by one of the
font conflict issues that have arisen with Snow Leopard. Reply for more info
on addressing that if need be.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

L

LarryLee

Thanks, Bob, for the response. HP doesn't have any other drivers available and direct to the OS install. This evening I copied and pasted a document that was created in 2008 into another doc that was printing well and the result was no problem with the new doc printing. I thought it might have something to do with a difference between .doc and .docx documents but testing that theory proved negative -- saving a .docx that where the footer is out of the print area as a .doc doesn't change anything. Too, question mark, this would suggest that it isn't a font issue either as the same fonts are used in the copy and paste exercise. Thanks for any insights.

Larry

Don't bet on what shipped with OS X being the most current... Or that it was

Ask a Question