How to activate Office 2013 when you are in the wrong geography

Reaction score
Occasionally I need to activate Office 2013 which I purchased if I recall correctly in 2014. The most recent reason is because I sold a computer (without Office) and now I am using a different computer.

Telephone activation is no longer supported for Office 2013. I think as recently as 2016 I was able to successfully telephone activate this copy of Office 2013. Internet activation would mean I would have to purchase an airplane ticket to the original location in order to do internet activation because Office seems to geo-locate when I try to activate.

Do I need to buy an air ticket to activate Office 2013 or is there another way to activate or can I get my money back directly from Microsoft? Once I convert to LibreOffice I will have to maximize the value of the investment in conversion so if I switch it will be until the heat death of the universe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question