hyperlinking to a pdf

B

bish

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I have an excel file which is located on my school's server. within that same server there are PDF files.

I am attempting to create hyperlinks within the excel file to the PDF files.

when I use the insert>hyperlink tool, and then select the file using the "select file" tool this is the path

readings/a%20national%20green%20building%20research%20agenda%20USGBC.pdf

I have tried changing the path to include the address of the server, which is the following:

smb://design3/research/passe/New Ulrike Research/readings/a%20national%20green%20building%20research%20agenda%20USGBC.pdf

Then when I got to check and see if the hyperlink works it says "cannot open the specified file". Then when I got back to check the path again it becomes:

file://localhost/smb/::design3:research:passe:New%20Ulrike%20Research:readings:a%20national%20green%20building%20research%20agenda%20USGBC.pdf

If anyone knows how I can get these hyperlinks to work, please let me know. I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that I am trying to hyperlink to a server (which both the excel file and the pdf files are located on). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ask a Question