IMAP folders not being 'refreshed' after aRule moves an incoming message

S

SuffolkScripter

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: imap

The subject says it all! My main email account is held on my own server (Mac 10.5.6 PPC - Dovecot) that responds well to access from Thunderbird and Apple Mail (on other Macs/PCs), including rules. However, since I 'upgraded' to Entourage 2008, the rules that were quite happily executed in Entourage 2004 have not worked as expected. For example, emails from a particular sender should be moved to a particular IMAP folder and should show up in a 'Mail View' of messages received within the last 14 days; that procedure worked fine in v2004! While the move might take place in accordance with the Rule, it doesn't show in the folder until I open that folder (deliberately) in a new window, at which point the message will eventually appear in that new window and will also be seen by the Mail View.

Does anyone have any idea what is not happening now, that used to happen under 2004? Why does the application no longer register that it has moved the email and should, therefore, be able to keep track of it? Is this a bug that Microsoft should be fixing?

Jan

Ask a Question