Indenting Bulleted Lists in PowerPoint 04

E

Ed_Moscovitch

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I frequently used bulleted lists in my PowerPoint presentations, and often wish to have indented, secondary bullets. In PowerPoint 08 and PowerPoint for the PC, I just hit the indent button and I get a set of smaller bullets, indented, with smaller text.

In PowerPoint 04, hitting the indent button sends the text into some kind of cyberspace never land. I've checked to make sure I have all the updates. This doesn't seen normal; if my version is corrupted, how can I clean it up.

Similarly, hitting the button for indented lists produces bullets, but the text in the second and subsequent lines does not line up with the text in the first line (as it does in the PC version). Is this another flaw in the 04 version, or is mine corrupt?

I've tried PowerPoint 08, but it does not work well with charts created in Excel 04, which I use because of the macros. When I copy a chart in Excel and Paste Special as a picture in PowerPoint, it explodes in size. Very odd indeed!

C

CyberTaz

Hi Ed;

It's highly unlikely that the program is corrupted ‹ that rarely happens, so
don't go the "re-install" route :)

Most probably you're running into a font issue. What font are you using? If
it's one of the newer Unicode fonts that may be the problem. Office 2004 &
most other software written for earlier versions of the OS have difficulty
with many of the newer fonts. Try using an older font & see if that makes a
difference. It might also be helpful to launch Apple's Font Book & run the
Resolve Duplicates & Verify Fonts routines.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question