Infopath LOCKS UP - no apparent reason!

A

Alex Irazabal

Here is the scoop - I have Infopath SP1 on two machines. Develop on one machine, copy the XSN file to the second machine (same OS -XP). On the second machine I open it in design mode, PUBLISH it locally and everything is fine. Now copy it back, make additional changes on machine 1, then copy it back to #2. When I try to reopen it it complains with a message of Document Recovery - with the OLD file (which I overrode with the copy from #1). So the first question that comes to mind is: IF I DELETED (copied over) the origianl file in #2, HOW DOES IT KNOW TO RECOVER IT? It should be gone!!! 2) Why does it try to recover it in the first place? and 3) why does it just lock up - you can't select a file to recover or do anything else.

I am pretty impressed with Infopath's capabilities AND stability. I have not had any serious problems (except those caused by the operator!). This one has me wondering if I broke some publishing rule or the form just got corrupted along the way???

Anyway, comments are always welcomed..

A

Alex Irazabal

Oops! I just realized I had changed the form on machine #1 to FULL TRUST and had a certificate that didn't make it to machine #2 (since is not embedded on the xsn form). Is there a way to "clean" up machine #2 so that it forgets that that form was ever published there? That way I can just start all over...:)

P

Patrick Halstead

Hi Alex,
I think you mean clean up the form cache. The easiest way to do this is to
open up InfoPath and you will see the fill out the form dialog. Select the
form you want to remove and click Remove Form in the right hand pane. For
forms that are installed, you have to use the control panel. You can also
try to clear the cache using more hardcore methods, but try the dashboard
first. Hope this helps.
Patrick

Alex Irazabal said:
Oops! I just realized I had changed the form on machine #1 to FULL TRUST
and had a certificate that didn't make it to machine #2 (since is not
embedded on the xsn form). Is there a way to "clean" up machine #2 so that
it forgets that that form was ever published there? That way I can just
start all over...:)machine, copy the XSN file to the second machine (same OS -XP). On the
second machine I open it in design mode, PUBLISH it locally and everything
is fine. Now copy it back, make additional changes on machine 1, then copy
it back to #2. When I try to reopen it it complains with a message of
Document Recovery - with the OLD file (which I overrode with the copy from
#1). So the first question that comes to mind is: IF I DELETED (copied over)
the origianl file in #2, HOW DOES IT KNOW TO RECOVER IT? It should be
gone!!! 2) Why does it try to recover it in the first place? and 3) why does
it just lock up - you can't select a file to recover or do anything else.not had any serious problems (except those caused by the operator!). This
one has me wondering if I broke some publishing rule or the form just got
corrupted along the way???

A

Alex Irazabal

Patrick, I tried the remove method and it worked. But just in case how do I use the control panel feature? I did not see any items in the "regular" control panel that had anything to do with Infopath. Are you referring to Infopath's "Open a form" dialog as the control panel? Confused???
Regards,
Alex

L

Lee Rosenberg [MSFT]

He's referring to InfoPath Forms that you've installed via an installer. In
those cases, you would have to go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control
Panel to remove the file from the Fill Out a Form dialog.

Ask a Question