Insert name and adress from a list in a word document

Ugo

Reaction score
Hello, I am writing this message because I have to send the same letter to many recipients as part of my studies (internship search). The letter remains the same, but the name of the recipient and his address change each time. The name appears three times on the letter, the address only once.
My question is the following: do I have to paste the name of my recipient 3 times in each letter and his address once (knowing that I am going to send a hundred requests) or is there a solution to establish a list of recipients with their respective addresses on Excel for example and link this list to my letter on Word so that a named letter is generated for each recipient?
Thank you very much!

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You can do this quite simply with a mailmerge. Provided the names and addresses are in different columns, the fact the name needs to appear multiple times in each letter is of no consequence.

Ask a Question