Installing and using Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student Addition

S

SMalphurs

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

My husband recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. He gave me his MacBook Air. Office Home and Student addition was installed on his old computer (MacBook Air), and was loaded on the new computer. I purchased my own copy of Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student and installed it on the MacBook Air but can't use when my husband is using his version. The product keys are obviously different, but when he's writing in Word, I cannot. The message is that two people can not use the program at once who are on the same network. What do I do so that we can both use Word at the same time? I have reinstalled my program twice.

M

Michel Bintener

Hi,
you most likely did not remove the old product key properly. Follow the
steps here <http://tinyurl.com/l8tfr7> to do so, then re-enter your own
product key. By the way, did you know that the Home & Student edition comes
with three product keys? Unless your husband is already using his three
product keys, you could have used one of them for yourself (which is
perfectly legal, since you are part of the same household), and you would
not have had to purchase a new copy of Microsoft Office.

C

codywilliams

The thing to remember about Office 2008 is that there is a built-in device that scans the network to see if the same version (e.g. Standard, Home and Student) is loaded and if they are the same keys and if they are in use. If I am thinking correctly, Office 2004 does not have that built-in device.

Ask a Question