Is it possible to generate a calendar invitation from within a web site?

D

dyerfr

Hi all,

First, I will likely be the least technical person on this entire group, soapologies in advance.

I am looking to be able to invoke from a URL/hyperlink the ability to launch a calendar invitation in outlook (or in another calendar application) andto have specific information populated in that invite.

As an analogue, I know that there exists a "mailto" hyperlink which invokesyour default mail client with the recipient as identified by the URL info and that other information (such as subject line and e-mail content) can beautopopulated as well.

I want to do a similar thing with a calendar invitation: clicking the URL would prompt your calendar client to open a meeting invitation with information autopopulated - in this case, the text which would reflect the meetinglocation or call-in information.

The user would then set the time and the invitation details such as time, date, etc.

Does this exist? I have googled and found some similar functions, but these typically create an .ics file which would then be e-mailed... and this isnot my intent...

Thanks,
Frank

Ask a Question