Line charts with missing data

A

arnoota

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I'm trying to create a line chart with data that I've gathered over a specific time period, but am missing data for some of the dates. In Excel for Windows, it would be possible to activate an "interpolate data" option so that instead of the line chart dropping down to zero or creating blanks where the cells are missing, it would simply draw a trend line between existing data points. I do not want to delete the columns with missing data because that would mess up the time scale. Is the interpolation function available in Excel for Mac or is this yet another feature that is "missing" for Mac users? Thanks for any advice.

S

sjean

I have run into the same problem. Try entering the formula =NA() into the cells missing data. This makes the line graph connect the data points from the previous and following cells instead of dropping the line down to zero. It seems to have fixed my problem.

Ask a Question