Making "Change Highlighting" feature darker

Reaction score
Hi. I'm familiar with the "Change Highlighting" feature in Project 2010, but need to darken the highlight effect. It is a VERY useful automatic feature, but for some reason it is extremely light shading on the equipment at my current job and is very difficult to see. I've found tons of clips online on how to toggle feature on and off, but nothing on making it darker. I know it's possible because - even tho I hate to admit this - I found a way to make this adjustment last year and now can not duplicate! Anyone have the answer?

Reaction score
Hello Bushwkr, to change the 'Change Highlighting' in MS Project, go to: 'Format' tab, then select 'Text Styles' (in the 'Format' section of the tab). In the 'Text Styles' dialogue box, in the 'Item to Change' drop-down list, select 'Changed Cells'. Update the 'Background Color' to your desired specifications, then click OK.

WARNING: 'Text Styles' formatting changes are ONLY applied to the current MS Project view when the change is made. As a result, when a view is created, then the 'Text Styles' formatting changes must be updated and applied to the new view. However, when an existing view is copied with the 'Text Styles' formatting changes applied, then those formatting changes will follow and be applied to the new (copied) view. I hope this helps.

Regards, Michelle B

Ask a Question